How to Change Background Color in Illustrator 2017
Changing the background color in Illustrator 2017 is a simple and effective way to enhance your designs. Whether you want to create contrast, add emphasis, or achieve a specific mood, altering the background color can make a significant impact. In this article, I’ll guide you through the steps on how to change the background color in Illustrator 2017, allowing you to take full control of your design’s aesthetic.
To begin, open your desired Illustrator document and navigate to the “Layers” panel. Locate the layer that contains your background element and select it. Next, click on the “Appearance” panel located under the “Window” menu. Once there, find and click on the small circle next to “Fill.” This will activate the fill settings for your selected layer.
Selecting the Desired Artwork in Illustrator
Choosing the Right Artboard Size
When it comes to changing the background color in Adobe Illustrator 2017, one of the first steps is selecting the desired artwork. Before diving into the exciting world of colors, it’s important to ensure that you have chosen the right artboard size for your project.
In Illustrator, an artboard represents a canvas where you create your designs. To select the appropriate artboard size, navigate to File > New, and a dialog box will appear with various options. Here, you can either choose from preset sizes or define a custom size based on your specific requirements. Consider factors such as print dimensions or screen resolutions when making your selection.
Exploring the Color Swatches Panel
Now that we have our artwork ready, let’s explore how to change the background color using Adobe Illustrator’s powerful Color Swatches panel. The Color Swatches panel provides a wide variety of pre-defined colors that you can use in your design. To access this panel, go to Window > Color > Swatches.
Within the Color Swatches panel, you’ll find an assortment of colors categorized into different groups or libraries. You can browse through these swatches and choose any color that suits your project by simply clicking on it. Additionally, if none of these pre-defined colors match what you have in mind, there is an option to create custom swatches by mixing different hues and adjusting their values.
Selecting the desired artwork in Illustrator
By selecting the desired artwork in Illustrator, choosing the right artboard size, exploring the Color Swatches panel, and customizing your workspace, you’ll be well-equipped to change background colors with ease in Adobe Illustrator 2017. So let’s dive in and unleash our creativity! Accessing the “Appearance” panel in Illustrator 2017 is a straightforward process that allows you to change the background color of your design. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Adobe Illustrator 2017 on your computer and open the document you want to work on.
- Look for the “Window” menu at the top of the screen and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, locate and click on “Appearance”. This will open the Appearance panel, which contains various settings for your design elements.
- Once the Appearance panel is open, you’ll see a list of all the objects and layers in your document. To change the background color, select the specific object or layer that you want to modify.
- With your desired object or layer selected, navigate to the bottom of the Appearance panel where you’ll find a row of icons. Look for an icon that looks like a small square with a fill color inside it (it usually appears as one of the first icons).
- Click on this icon to access a color picker tool that will allow you to choose a new background color for your selected object or layer.
- A color picker window will appear, displaying various options for selecting colors such as sliders, swatches, or RGB values. Explore these options and choose your preferred background color by clicking on it.
- After selecting your desired background color, click “OK” in the color picker window to apply it to your selected object or layer.
- You can repeat this process for any other objects or layers in your Illustrator document that you wish to change their background colors.
By following these steps, you can easily access and use Illustrator 2017’s “Appearance” panel to change background colors in no time!